[chuck-users] machine add oddity

Jeff Albert jalber4 at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Feb 14 18:36:07 EST 2012

On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Kassen wrote:

> So, by it "not playing", do you mean ChucK simply doesn't indicate
> it's sporking the shred at all? Or that you don't hear a sound?

Good point. Chuck says the shred is sparked, we just get no sound.

> Have you tried stuff like editing the offending file to start with a
> debug print?

If I run either file alone, they each work, individually.

> Assuming that the filenames indicated are the actual ones then that's
> not it, those should be legal under both, but Windows and Mac
> potentially use slightly different non-printable characters for stuff
> like the end of a line. You could try opening and re-saving them using
> a Windows native text editor or some tool to strip those characters, I
> forget the details (stuff like cariage-return....) but your favourite
> "serious programmer's editor" should have a tool to convert/strip
> those. That might help?

This sounds like a good lead. I think he wrote the files in miniaudicle on Windows (although he is running them from the command line), but he may have copied/pasted some of it from some Mac generated files I gave him. I'll follow that up.

Thanks,
Jeff