[chuck-users] functions returning arrays

David Ogborn ogbornd at mcmaster.ca
Thu Feb 23 15:10:47 EST 2012

Hi Chuckists,

A question about arrays in Chuck: the manual briefly mentions "functions that have arrays as arguments or return type" but I can't seem to find an actual example of a function with an array as a return type.  Does anyone know if this works, or there is a way to make it work?

If I call the function below, for instance, I get a "NullPointerException: (array access)" when I do anything with the result:

fun float[] t(float x,float nn[]) {
    float rr[];
    for(0 => int n;n<nn.size();n++) {
        nn[n] + x => rr[n];
    }
    return rr;
}

Yours truly,
David

Dr. David Ogborn, Assistant Professor
Communication Studies & Multimedia
Director, Cybernetic Orchestra & ESP Studio
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada

ogbornd --at-- mcmaster.ca
http://davidogborn.net
http://twitter.com/ogbornd