[chuck-users] functions returning arrays

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:44:00 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 04:29:35PM -0500, mike clemow wrote:

> (This will likely get you in trouble with that ref count bug if you
> use it for objects.  For primitives, it should work just fine.)

Interesting!

> Perhaps we can write a Scheme interpreter in Chuck?  ;)

That would be pleasantly perverse... but I wouldn't try, if I were
you....

I'm finding that my Scheming and my ChucKing has been quite distinct.
Lately I've been working on something like SC's "patterns", except way
more simple and with more focus on interacting with with running
processes. Scheme seems natural for that, with its REPL.

Every once in a while I think about the original design for the
ChucK-shell, which seemed to be not unlike that sort of interaction,
except with the option to navigate the namespace of the running
program like a sort of directory tree. That seems like something that
might integrate well with your "stack" idea...