[chuck-users] WiiLes Project

Lester Hall inventoralchemi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:24:12 EST 2012

I'm not sure if my prior message got through as it was mixed up with
rejoining the group, but in that message i posted that I was working on an
iPod Touch based motion control system.  I have since reconsidered and went
for a WiiMote approach.  This was due to the fact that a friend told me
that Osculator had "grown up" into a full-fledged windowed application
which is a lot easier for me to use than the unix command line solution it
was before (been there, not my thing anymore).

So now I have four brand new WiiMotes, a copy of Osculator, and a three
year old Mac mini with ChucK miniAudicle on it.  I have set up Osculator to
send MIDI CC messages for two of the WiiMotes including raw accels and all
buttons but not including the IR sensor (yet).  Also I have written some
programs, the main resulting effort of which is a flute/drum program with
good sound and acceptable control setup.

Next I will work on improving the control gestures of the flute/drum
program and possibly replacing the drums with a saxophone.  Also I need to
work out some kind of physical arrangement for holding the ankle or foot
mounted WiiMotes.  I am also updating the video blog and text record of the
progress and recording songs for an album.

Your suggestions and comments are very welcome, thanks in advance for your
time!

Les