[chuck-users] Most recent Chuck for Lion?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:03:56 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 07:47:18AM -0500, Charles Turner wrote:

> I don't get any joy doing this:

Hmmmm. I think that on other OS's I have had nothing but bad luck with
listed devices that only had outputs or only inputs. What if you try
using that "out only" device while asking ChucK for 0 input channels
(default is 2)?

I'd also be curious about those Soundflower virtual devices and how
far those might get you.

As a last suggestion you could try any and all of these things while
adding the "--verbose" flag. That should make ChucK report on more of
the stuff it's trying and any issues it might encounter. It's worth a
shot. I'm curious whether -for example- there isn't some
miscomunication between ChucK and the drivers going on about stuff
like bitrate and depth. That kind of thing happens when API standards
are changed. I'm convinced there is some great secret den of vice
somewhere where all API maintainers get together to use crack and brag
about how subtle their tricks are ;-).