[chuck-users] SUCCESS! Re: Most recent Chuck for Lion?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:27:18 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:44:04AM -0500, Charles Turner wrote:
> Ah, success. Using this Display audio device which is 1 in, 2 out:

Great! So you can at least have your fun now. I suspect the 1 input
will be a build-in mic.

> Thanks for your help Kassen.

You are welcome.

> Now that I understand what's up, I'll try a few more combos to see where things break down.

Well, I don't. It's cool that you have sound, but some things were
going quite wrong here. Why didn't it simply default to the most
standard stereo in and out, for example. Why did it claim to allocate
buffers after trying a device, then start running and only
-apparently- discover after the session that it didn't have a stream?
It also looks like you have a fairly straightforward system, with the
maker of the OS also being the hardware builder, IMHO it should simply
be able to set a sensible default for what device to use; it's not
like you build your own computer with 4 soundcards then installed a
exotic version of Linux for some unusual application (that should also
work, but then we can expect that we need to help set what we would
like to use).

Oh, well, it works now. Happy ChucKing!