[chuck-users] CPU performance and Jack

Matt Bard mattthestrat at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 7 16:20:15 EDT 2012

Hello all,

So, I'm doing a bit of heavier crunching and was wondering what aspects of CPU performance are the most critical the JACK's DSP percentage?  I've not been able to find a very clear answer and was wondering if this group might know?  Does running the dual core version of JACK make more sense with a slightly slower processor, or is speed the real winner in this case?  To clarify, I'm basically just heavily crunching incoming audio.  Thanks for any insight!

-Matt