[chuck-users] working with strings

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 10:58:23 EDT 2012

> Kassen, Do you know where this has gone?

Right drawer in the kitchen, next to the scissors :-p

Actually; the "secret" trick to finding any such feature is the
VERSIONS text in the root of your chuck directory. This refers us to
the relevant file in examples/string, yielding;
------------------8<-----------------------
// the very hacked StringTokenizer

// make one
StringTokenizer tok;

// set the string
tok.set( "tokenize me please!" );

// iterate
while( tok.more() )
{
    // print
    <<< tok.next(), "" >>>;
}

...however, I seem to remember this "cuts" at spaces, which is not the
desired "string to array of characters" functionality. I'm not so sure
that's possibe, but I haven't done that much with strings.