[chuck-users] interpolated step? (equivalent to max's line)

George Locke george.locke.maxmsp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 13:24:36 EDT 2012

Hi,

I still feel new to chuck, and I'm wondering if there's a UGen that will
make a (linear/whatever) ramp from its current value to a specified new
value over a specified time?  Might there be a way to hack the GenX or
Envelope objects to behave this way?  (For ppl familiar with max/msp, I'm
looking for something equivalent to line~)

I want to use this for modulation and for slewing controller input.  Since
the timescale i'm interested is on the scale of seconds/fractions of
seconds, I suppose there's no real need to use a UGen rather than a class
or function or something, but I'm still wrapping my head around the way
that the ChucK language operates.

Thanks,
George