[chuck-users] first query to chuck users

Carr Everbach ceverba1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue Jul 24 14:40:38 EDT 2012

I'm a Swarthmore College Engineering professor trying to help a blind
student with data sonification (or auralization).  It was suggested that
Matlab, which is our primary analysis language, could send OSC packets
via UDP to chuck, which reads OSC packets and could more easily produce
complex sounds than coding directly in Matlab. Do any of you have any
experience with osc-mexwin, written by Andy Schmeder?  The only version
of this I've found lacks the c-code, and contains only the dll files
without documentation.  Matlab requires that the user know the function
names to import dll files and use those functions (such as osc_read and
osc_write).  Any guidance?