[chuck-users] first query to chuck users

Andrew Turley aturley at acm.org
Tue Jul 24 17:15:17 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Carr Everbach <ceverba1 at swarthmore.edu> wrote:
> I'm a Swarthmore College Engineering professor trying to help a blind
> student with data sonification (or auralization).  It was suggested that
> Matlab, which is our primary analysis language, could send OSC packets via
> UDP to chuck, which reads OSC packets and could more easily produce complex
> sounds than coding directly in Matlab. Do any of you have any experience
> with osc-mexwin, written by Andy Schmeder?  The only version of this I've
> found lacks the c-code, and contains only the dll files without
> documentation.  Matlab requires that the user know the function names to
> import dll files and use those functions (such as osc_read and osc_write).
> Any guidance?

I went here and looked around a little:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscmex/files/
The osc-mexmaci64.zip file actually has the source code, which seems
to be cross-platform, so that should tell you the function names you
need.

I also found this small library that just sends OSC messages. It is
written in Matlab, so you don't have to mess with Mex files.
  http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/31400-send-open-sound-control-osc-messages

Good luck.

andy