[chuck-users] first query to chuck users

Spencer Salazar spencer at ccrma.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 24 22:40:02 EDT 2012

This doesn't answer your question directly, but perhaps an alternative
approach would be more appropriate in this situation.

Personally I would write the results of Matlab analysis to a file in some
structured format and then read that in from ChucK. This would be a
two-stage process (generate data file from Matlab, read in data file and
generate audio in ChucK), which makes real-time tricky/not readily
possible, but I would guess that by using Matlab in the first place you are
not terribly interested in real-time. The main advantage of OSC is its
ease-of-use in real-time scenarios, so if youre not doing real-time you
don't gain much by using it.

If you are aiming for real-time analysis+sonification, then you can ignore
this suggestion entirely!

spencer