[chuck-users] Importing Data/Using Quadraphonic Headphones with ChucK

Hayden Dahmm hwdahmm at live.com
Sat Jun 23 15:26:43 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

My name is Hayden, and I’m a blind student at Swarthmore College, where I intend to major in Environmental Engineering.  Over the summer, I’m working on learning ChucK so I can create auditory data displays.  I’ve made decent progress so far, but I do have a couple questions.

I’m struggling to import data from cmv or .m files, forcing me to enter values in by hand.  Does anyone have suggestions as to how I could circumvent this problem?

Also, I plan to use a pair of quadraphonic headphones to interrogate spatial data with a joystick or track pad.  Has anybody tried using ChucK for this purpose before?  If so, I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks so much,
Hayden
hwdahmm at live.com