[chuck-users] serial communication and chuck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 17:16:15 EST 2012

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 02:46:09PM -0700, Scott Smallwood wrote:

> The other issue is really just ChucK's selling point.  It is the only sound programming environment I know of that doesn't have any serial i/o capability... and it seems like a good idea to me to address this.

I agree. I also think that once students (in school or otherwise)
figure out how to connect things they will want to create systems that
have as few components as possible. By the time we can implement and
debug complicated systems I think we'll also prefer to spend our time
playing the simplest version over debugging a complex one.
Another matter is realtime performance; steps like OSC, no matter how
fast, won't do the responsiveness of the overall system any good.