[chuck-users] public class connections mystery

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:36:38 EST 2012

R:
> does the first shred terminate before you look at connections with the second?

D:
> Yes, it does - and that's kind of the point.  I want a style of programming
> where each shred has one "atomic" effect on a system that persists between
> and above the shreds...

Okay, I get that.  I'm personally happy that ChucK shreds de-allocate
the resources that they've allocated upon exit, including connections.
 In your case, perhaps you could create a long-lived "connection
shred" whose contract is to set up the patches, and let the other
shreds send messages to it.  That's the basic approach I used in my
real-time setups.