[chuck-users] serial communication and chuck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:57:49 EST 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 12:48:56PM -0500, mike clemow wrote:

> and then read from tochuck using file i/o objects?  I know it's hackish, but

I don't think that's so hackish, that's how UNIX is supposed to work
and why the "everything is a file" thing is nice. :-) If you like you
can also write numbers to the file that represent your soundcard, at
least on Linux you can (you may want to disable some of those pesky
modern drivers first).

As I understood the discussion that is exactly what is planned and
partially what people are already doing, but the problem is setting
properties like the baud rate and so on.

I like this, I'm quite in favour of simple things that work; it's
rarely the simple things that ruin my day and when they do they tend
to do so in ways that are at least predictable.