[chuck-users] Various general questions

Spencer Salazar spencer at ccrma.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 23 17:59:05 EDT 2012

A few weeks ago I posted this to the less popular chuck-dev list
(which is probably why a lot of people missed it):

https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/pipermail/chuck-dev/2012-February/000431.html

(quote)

Hello,

We recently (about 1 year ago) migrated the ChucK codebase to an SVN
repository as an effort to streamline development, which it absolutely
has done (compared to when it was in a stone-age CVS repository). At
various times, such as now, we've felt leanings towards Git in the
community, and while we are hesitant to play "technology tag", Git
appears to be here to stay, and an effective tool for development. So
at this point migrating to Git is something we are strongly
considering and are likely to go forward with.

spencer (+ ChucK team)

(end quote)

Right now our greatest priority is putting together the next ChucK
release, which switching VCS systems will be a temporary but
appreciable setback to. But once thats out of the way I think we will
be a lot more open to it.

spencer