[chuck-users] Space Navigator

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon May 21 05:13:41 EDT 2012

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 06:51:17PM -0500, Lester Hall wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I bought a Space Navigator and would like to interface it to ChucK.  I
> tried writing a joystick program but got the message:  "[MMMM 1.ck]: HidIn:
> couldn't open joystick 0...

Hey Les!

Based on this I'd guess that the Space Navigator doesn't register
itself as a joystick. ChucK can't open raw HID devices and needs to be
told whether target devices is a joystick, mouse or keyboard. If it is
none of those you are out of luck :-/. There might be a tool to make
it emulate one of those?