[chuck-users] is there a way of doing "callbacks" ( i.e. passing function as argument to be called later ) ?

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:19:57 EDT 2012

henrique matias wrote:

> This is a question Chris did to me and it reminded me some related questions
> i forgot to ask:
>
> Is there a type "function" or type "Class" ?

Class yes, function no unfortunately.  The workaround I use is small
"functor" classes, similar in style to inner classes in java.  E.g.

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/c3ad1e94a226001b4c6229fb0c741cef046f743c/Arpeggiators.ck
https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/c3ad1e94a226001b4c6229fb0c741cef046f743c/Loops.ck

Some doc here (that needs a lot of updating)

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/wiki

> Is there anyway for "evaluating" a string to chuck code in order to do
> dynamic calls ( like javascript "eval" function for instance ) ?

You might be able to hack this by writing to a temp file and Machine.add'ing it.

   michael