[chuck-users] is there a way of doing "callbacks" ( i.e. passing function as argument to be called later ) ?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed May 23 07:08:19 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 03:27:40AM +0100, henrique matias wrote:
> Man, long time i didn't get that excited with programming stuff ( this year
> i'll make 15 years of programming ) - like programming shit instead of
> sleeping, the day my boss/coworkers start to find my late posts in the
> chuck list i'll be probably fired! HAHA

This is really great to hear.

> Hopefully i'll be able to do some push requests to the project in this year
> ( i have some unfinished projects in the priority + dayjob ).
>
> Completely changing the direction of the conversation, i know some
> instituions sometimes give sponsor$hip for a period of development in open
> source software, did anybody from chuck team tried that ?

Well, Princeton and Stanford more or less sponsor ChucK by employing
(most of?) the developers and of course by providing ChucK with
web-space. I could imagine more of that. In the past I have speculated
that there might be a institute willing to sponsor some development on
making ChucK and the MiniAudicle more accessible to blind users. We
have some people on board who are visually challenged and when I look
at mainstream music programs I can quite easily see how they would end
up with ChucK or a similar system. That said; there are reportedly
still some less than ideal bits for those users.

That's just one area where I could imagine that there might be some
funding and where somebody might pick it up and help improve the world
a bit. There are likely many more.

Nice to read a mail as enthusiastic as yours.

Rock on!