[chuck-users] is there a way of doing "callbacks" ( i.e. passing function as argument to be called later ) ?

mike clemow michaelclemow at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:39:03 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Henrique, I highly encourage you to take a deep look at Michael Heuer's
LiCK library.  There are some great things in there that take advantage of
a functional paradigm in a generally functional-unfriendly language.

And while we're talking about functional style and other nerdery, I submit
for your consideration my attempt to implement a Closure in Chuck to avoid
overmuch global state.  This should appeal to you JavaScript geeks out
there as well.  It's influenced by ideas in LiCK.  And while it's a bit
harder to read than your traditional Chuckian style, it's the most
bang-for-buck (in terms of lines of code) I could get out of Chuck in a
short session.

Comments most welcome.

Enjoy!

-Mike