[chuck-users] OSC

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 06:59:00 EST 2012

This is just a wild shot, and since you're using Ubuntu you're probably
familiar with this stuff, but sometimes "localhost" doesn't work. To
eliminate this, replace "localhost" with "127.0.0.1" in your source files
and try again.

Probably not the solution, but you never know.

BTW, OSC_send.ck and OSC_receive.ck worked here on my Mac.

/Stefan

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Romain Michon
<rmichon at ccrma.stanford.edu>wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I'm totally new in the Chuck world!
> I'm trying to use the OSC examples provided at
> http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/**doc/examples/osc/<http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/examples/osc/>and both
>
> chuck OSC_send.ck OSC_receive.ck
>
> and
>
> chuck s.ck r.ck
>
> don't work on machine. In the first case, OSC_send.ck seems to send
> correctly the OSC messages (it returns sent (via OSC): 0.895094 ...) but
> OSC_receive.ck never get them. r.ck runs the sine wave oscillator fine
> but never receive the messages sent by s.ck. I didn't make any change to
> the files (except for the path to the audio file in OSC_receive.ck, of
> course ;) ).
>
> I tried to send OSC messages to both OSC_receive.ck and r.ck with
> SuperCollider and PureData without any success. OSC works fine to
> communicate inside and between these two programs though.
>
> Am I missing some flags/options?
>
> I'm running chuck on Ubuntu 12.04 64bits.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Romain

Release me, insect, or I will destroy the Cosmos!