[chuck-users] OSC

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 09:40:06 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:59:00PM +0100, Stefan Blixt wrote:
> This is just a wild shot, and since you're using Ubuntu you're probably
> familiar with this stuff, but sometimes "localhost" doesn't work. To
> eliminate this, replace "localhost" with "127.0.0.1" in your source files
> and try again.
>
> Probably not the solution, but you never know.

That would be a Ubuntu bug then. I think that by default Ubuntu maps
localhost to 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts

cat /etc/hosts

...should confirm whether the file is there and what is in it.

The hosts file getting ignored would potentially have unpleasant
repercussions, but I agree we can't rule that out. Could also be a
over-active firewall? I haven't kept up with Ubuntu's latest antics.