[chuck-users] multiple inheritance

Julien Saint-Martin julien.saintmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:48:13 EDT 2012

Hi,

Is it possible to extend a class from two parents classes?
So the child class will have the data and functions of the two parents.

I am not an oriented object programming expert, but I understand (maybe I
am mistaking) that C++ is able to do that.

At first I wanted to do a kind of extended SndBuf UGen including and
playing automatically a score.
The goal is to write short code like:

MySndBuf s=> dac;
120 => s.bpm;
s.score << 1 << 1 << 0 << 1; // write the score
"kick.wav" => s.read;
while(1) 10::ms => now; // let's play

I made some quick testing, this is possible. But then appears the second
Idea ;-)
Sequencers are really useful so why do not have a basic sequencer common
for other application. For example:

// the Synth frequency driver

MyFreqExtendStep f => TriOsc s => dac;
f.note << 40 << 42 << 44 << 0; // Write score with midi note
120 => f.bpm;
while(1) 10::ms => now; // let's play

// The Event automatic boardcaster (to trig other scripts for example)
MyEvent e;
e.score << 1 << 1 << 0 << 1; // write the score
120 => e.bpm;
while(1) 10::ms => now; // let's play

Happy chucking,
Ju