[chuck-users] FM

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:25:40 EDT 2012

A SinOsc constantly oscillates between -1 and 1, according to the frequency
set. The frequence is stored in/retrieved from m.freq (e.g. 200 for 200
Hz), and the constantly changing/oscillating value (between -1.0 and 1.0)
can be retrieved from m.last().

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Alberto Alassio
<alberto.alassio at gmail.com>wrote:

> But what is the difference between
> 1)
>
>  cf + (index * m.last()) => c.freq;
>
> and
>
> 2)
> cf + ( index * m.freq () ) => c.freq;
>
> ?
>

> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Alberto Alassio <
> alberto.alassio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok I've looked into the web and found a similar question and found a
>> similar (but working )solution.
>>
>> The difference is in modulator.
>>

>> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/pipermail/chuck-users/2012-August/006885.html
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Alberto Alassio <
>> alberto.alassio at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys, I was looking at chuck manual, talking about LFO and then FM
>>> came to my mind. But...How?
>>>
>>> I was thinking to a very simple FM like this:
>>>
>>> 1) SinOsc  alpha   carrier
>>> 2) SinOsc beta    modulator
>>> 3) SinOsc gamma  beta's amplitude modulator
>>>
>>> So i thought something like this
>>>
>>> SinOsc alpha => dac;
>>> SinOsc beta => blackhole;
>>> SinOsc gamma => blackhole;
>>>
>>> then oscillators frequencies
>>> 220 => alpha.freq;
>>>
>>> 4 => gamma.freq;
>>> while (20::ms => now )
>>> {
>>> (gamma.last () ) + 2 => beta.freq;   in this way I've got my amplitude
>>> modulation on beta.
>>>
>>> Then I have to
>>>
>>> Beta.freq + alpha.freq => alpha.freq    - Frequencies sum. -
>>> }
>>>
>>> This is just an idea..... Could it work ? And how can I make beta and
>>> alpha's sum?  May I have to use fun like fun void ( int freqalpha, int
>>> freqbeta ) or something like this?
>>>

>>> Thankssssss

Release me, insect, or I will destroy the Cosmos!