[chuck-users] odd Hid behavior maybe just on OS 10.7

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:46:05 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 05:34:45PM -0500, Jeff Albert wrote:
> Thanks, that worked. Is there a way to get chuck to list the hids present, like --probe does with audio interfaces?

No, sorry.

What you can do, however, is for mice, keyboards and joysticks
iterating from 0 to -say- 10 and trying to open the device with this
id and polling for its name when successful.

That would get you similar functionality, at least for the 3 types of
devices that we support.

As the OS accepts the device the device should report the number of
buttons, continuous controllers, leds, etc that it has. I'm not sure
whether you can ask it for that again later.

Another limitation that we have (like most other systems) is that we
don't support hid-out to set leds or force-feedback (or whatever kind
of feedback your controller might be equipped with). That is not a
huge issue as not so many devices support that in much depth. On the
downside; if few systems support it not so many device makers will be
motivated to add a lot of that....