[chuck-users] a strange idea

David Ogborn ogbornd at mcmaster.ca
Tue Oct 23 22:55:37 EDT 2012

Hi all,

While preparing some sample code for the Cybernetic Orchestra, I hit upon a strange idea I thought I would share with this list.  What if there were an instruction/built-in function in ChucK that yielded control forever?

A lot of sample code has something like this in it:
while(1::minute=>now){}

It would be elegant if this could be written like this:
forever => now;

Or something like that!

eternity => now; // ?

eternity; // ?

eternity(); // ?

I fully realize that this is violating the perfectly valid principle of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"!

Yours truly,
David

Dr. David Ogborn, Assistant Professor
Communication Studies & Multimedia
Director, Cybernetic Orchestra & ESP Studio
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada

ogbornd --at-- mcmaster.ca
http://davidogborn.net
http://twitter.com/ogbornd