[chuck-users] a strange idea

David Ogborn ogbornd at mcmaster.ca
Tue Oct 23 23:52:36 EDT 2012

Yeah, I know...

but it's still not eternity! :)

When I read 1::week => now, there is a little part of my brain that fast forwards to the moment one week from now when the code is supposed to end, and is bugged by the, admittedly completely hypothetical (at least in most cases), articulation of that moment...

Yours truly,
David

On 2012-10-23, at 11:14 PM, Michael Heuer wrote:

> David Ogborn <ogbornd at mcmaster.ca> wrote:
>
>> While preparing some sample code for the Cybernetic Orchestra, I hit upon a strange idea I thought I would share with this list.  What if there were an instruction/built-in function in ChucK that yielded control forever?
>>
>> A lot of sample code has something like this in it:
>> while(1::minute=>now){}
>>
>> It would be elegant if this could be written like this:
>> forever => now;
>>
>> Or something like that!
>>
>> eternity => now; // ?
>
> 1::week => now;
>
> is pretty long.  :)
>
>   michael

Dr. David Ogborn, <ogbornd at mcmaster.ca>
Communication Studies & Multimedia, McMaster University
Director, Cybernetic Orchestra & ESP Studio

http://soundcloud.com/cyberneticorchestra
http://esp.mcmaster.ca
http://davidogborn.net
http://twitter.com/ogbornd