[chuck-users] bus error in 1.3.0.2

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Sep 12 03:14:32 EDT 2012

Hi David!

> In v.1.3.0.2, I am getting bus errors with server/client stuff (Clix,
> Crystalis, etc.)
> Any thoughts?
>       line 3:   281 Bus error: 10           chuck
>       pieces/Clix/server-multi_auto.ck
>
> I tried v.1.3.1.0 and I got even more errors.
> I reverted back to 1.3.1.4-beta and things were functioning well again.

Doh!  Can you let us know more about the issue?  For example, what OS and
OS version were you running?  Also, how reproduceable is the bus error
(e.g., every time?)?  And what are the additional errors you encountered
on 1.3.1.0?  Was this command line ChucK, miniAudicle, or um... something
else?  Any other context?

Often a most helpful thing would be a as minimal-as-possible example
that crashes reliably (or at least most of the time).

Please let us know any of the above, and we'd love to look into it!

Thanks!

Ge!