[chuck-users] dumb python question...

Andrew Turley aturley at acm.org
Thu Sep 13 06:58:02 EDT 2012

You'll need to install some dependencies. Off the top of my head, you'll need bison, flex, g++ (well, some C++ compiler), alsa dev files, and libsound. I'm assuming this is your Linux box, and not a shared box where you have an account, correct? If so, the easiest thing to do is install those packages I mentioned using your Linux distribution's package manager. Once you've done that, try "make linux-alsa" again. If you're on Debian let me know an I can send you a list of the packages you need to apt-get.

For the record, I think using OSC is a better bet than using named pipes. If you need some help getting SimpleOSC working, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

andy