[chuck-users] Fwd: chuck 1.3.1 on Windows 32-bit - possible OSC issue - update re: 1.3.1.1

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Sep 14 09:26:54 EDT 2012

Hi Simon!

>> I've tried r.ck and s.ck on 1.3.1.1 and am getting the same issues as
>> before. Either Chuck crashes immediately or soon after adding s.ck...
>> or if things proceed, removing r.ck causes the crash. And it does seem
>> the longer you leave things running, the more certain you'll get a
>>  crash when removing r.ck.
>
> This is super helpful - we'll look into it starting on windows 32-bit
> (s.ck and r.ck seems OK on OS X).  Thank you!

Alrighty, we've found at least one issue that was definitely a potential
culprit on 32-bit (all os) and only since the 64-bit release.  basically,
float and complex local variables where not being properly popped from the
operand stack correctly.

I uploaded a build (1.3.1.2-rc1) for you as well as for Michael and
anyone else who may want to test particular issues:

     http://chuck.stanford.edu/stuff/chuck-1.3.1.2-rc1.zip

It includes a win32 build and an osx64 build, as well as source for all
supported platforms.

If you'd like, please give it a spin!

Thanks!

Ge!