[chuck-users] STK instrument segmentation fault

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Sep 16 07:56:33 EDT 2012

Hi John!

>> I'm using chuck version: 1.3.1.2-rc1 (chimera) mac os x 10.7.4 : intel
>> : 64-bit.
>>
>> In preparing a demo of all STK instrument sounds for class each of the
>> instruments instruments played OK at their default settings except
>> these three: Brass, Mandolin, and FM.
>
> Thanks for the info!  We did run through all the STK examples when
> testing 64-bit, but it would seem we missed something.  Will look into
> it!

Having ran the code, I could not reproduce the crash for Brass or
Mandolin on OS X 10.7.4 and Windows (both resulted in audio, and I
did not detect distortion with Brass).  FM did crash for me, and
the cause is because FM is an abstract class, and shouldn't be
instantiable (oops, go ChucK).  That's an issue - we hope to address
it in a near future release.

Can you provide more information about the crash with Mandolin?  Does it
happen consistently?  Hope to figure it out!

Thanks!

Ge!