[chuck-users] Begin the beguine (Alberto Alassio)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 23:28:16 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 07:01:24PM -0700, Perry Cook wrote:
> Hey all,

Hey Perry,

> I'll pipe in here with a set of course notes I put together for
> a workshop/tutorial on "Sonification in ChucK"  It steps through
> chuck from Hello Sine through functions and built-in math.foo() and
> std.bar() functions through much more.

Very nice indeed!

> It is, I believe, the most short
> yet complete list of things you can and should do with ChucK.  Not
> everything is explained, of course (it was only a 2 hour tutorial).

I am curious about this;
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~prc/ChucKU/Code/SonificationExamples/PICOBoxDashbord.ck

I notice that you are quite often putting two or more lines of ChucK
code on a single screen line. Sometimes those statements are clearly
closely related pairs perhaps not worth a "for" loop, at other points
I'm left wondering. Are you optimising for fitting as many things as
possible on screen? That might make sense if "PICO" refers to the
editor which -from memory- supports a lot more than most think, but
not setting marks to jump to.

No critique, genuinely curious.