[chuck-users] PI Chucking contest...

Joel Matthys jwmatthys at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 5 12:23:18 EST 2013

OK, this is not any kind of official benchmarking, but here's a rough
performance estimate of ChucK on the Raspberry Pi:

Setup:
Raspberry Pi Model B, no overclock, running Raspbian, 3.6.11+
USB sound card (little PnP device, <$10)
No monitor or keyboard; logged in via ssh

Testing multiple oscillators:
Up to 10 simultaneous SinOsc: no problem
10-12 mild glitching

Testing multiple shreds:
Using OTF examples, 6 shreds at once, no problem
7 shreds, major gapping

Testing LiSa:
LiSa-munger1 example works for up to 24 voices at once!

Overclocking should improve performance. I expect that unplugging the
ethernet cable and auto-running a patch would help too.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with its capabilities!

Joel