[chuck-users] MIDI-synchronization and metric timing (?)

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 13:32:35 EST 2013

Hello Greg, Steve

Great questions.  I think the right answer is to implement MIDI beat
clock to sync external apps to ChucK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI_beat_clock

Going the other way (adjusting ChucK's timing to incoming MIDI clock)
is way beyond me.

To follow on Manuel's suggestion, here is a time signature class
implemented in that fashion and an example

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/master/TimeSignature.ck
https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/master/examples/timeSignatureExample.ck

   michael