[chuck-users] chugin tutorial or docs?

joe higham joehigham at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 24 07:58:00 EST 2013

Interesting remark Steve. I'm a Pure Data user and was intrigued by ChucK. I've been learning the language for a while and also get a strange sense of where's the support? What makes languages/programs such as  supercollider, PD, Max, CSound etc preferable over another is a) the support and b) the way these programs help system works. PD as you know really has a great system of right-clicking to get more information and examples to explain the object. Supercollider also has a great internal help system. I'd love to try and work with ChucK but at the moment radio silence (or cryptic help remarks) on various topics can be a little frustrating. I've already made the remark - as did many on the Coursera ChucK course - to ask "why isn't there a good (and complete) ChucK manual"?

- Joe