[chuck-users] LAC 2013: the Linux Audio Conference - Deadline Extension

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 14:29:06 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 06:26:33PM +0100, Florian Hollerweger wrote:
> The Linux Audio Conference submission deadline has been extended! It is now February 17th, 2013 (23:59 HAST).

I think death is a bit like pregnancy; people are typically not "a
little bit dead" or a "little bit pregnant". You either are or are
not.

Considering that the initiative to have submission deadlines in this
field be real deadlines has evidently failed I'd like to propose that
these lines should now instead be called "common cold lines" or
"influenza lines", depending on how close to the point where things
need to go to the presses we are. Those terms are easier to relate to
for most of us and convey the relative seriousness of the situation.

"Deadline extended" also gets a bit monotonous; with illnesses there
is a lot more space for variation which will lead to more attention
for your event, I think.

Please consider.