[chuck-users] embedding ChucK, and Windows8, ARM, etc.

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 11:35:51 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 04:30:40PM +0000, henrique matias wrote:
>    This licence thing is a very tuff subject, indeed! I wish the world were
>    easier!!

I think it actually makes it as easy as it will get. Licences give you
extra options. Sure; options under certain conditions, but they are
options that would not otherwise be there.

>    ----- A*bit of OT*-----*
>    I must say your point of view of Supercollider is completed*mistaken.
>    Its not cause most of the code you find is ugly, that the language is
>    ugly.
>    Actually from all the languages you were able to link in your email,
>    SuperCollider is probably the one that lets you do the most beautiful
>    code, its all about how capable you're.

Sorry, you lost me for a moment. Did I say that? SC took a bit of a
"kitchen-sink" approach to syntax; giving many options for many
things. That -I am sure- is really cool if you'd like to write
"poetry" in it, I also gather it can be confusing if you are a novice
and would like to find the common ground between 5 examples by
different authors. It does take a lot more from functional programming
which I agree often leads to beautiful code. Then again I find a
certain beauty in ChucK's tendency to be straightforward and sometimes
a bit blunt too.

You can get ugly or beautiful in any language. I swear I even saw
readable Perl once ;-)