[chuck-users] import and play a sound

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 12:37:44 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 05:30:15PM +0000, Franco wrote:
> Good evening ChucK users,

Hey Franco!

>     pardon the incredibly naive question, but what's the function to import (and
> subsequently play) a sound?

By "sound" do you mean a pre-recorded wave file?

If so I suggest you look into the "SndBuf" UGen. It's well documented
but if you prefer a example then /examples/otf_01.ck should be a
decent start.

If you instead mean a bit of ChucK code that generates sounds you
should look into "Machine.add(string my_file_path)".

Hope that gets you going, if not or if I totally misread you; shout.