[chuck-users] OSC pattern matching

dparson dparson at ptd.net
Mon Jun 10 12:05:09 EDT 2013

It's been a while, so apologies in advance if this topic has come up lately.

Last time that I wrote an OSC receiver in ChucK, the code had to match the incoming address pattern verbatim. There was no way to apply pattern matching, e.g., a regular expression, to match the incoming string. Also, I don't think that there was a way to match a prefix of the incoming string, after which one could in theory write one's own pattern matcher on the remainder of the incoming string. Little time for that, anyway.

Is it (still) necessary to match the incoming OSC pattern string, literally, in its entirety? My solution last time was to spork a separate shred to match each incoming literal string in its entirety. That approach does not fully solve the problem at hand.

Thanks.

Dale (Acoustic Interloper)