[chuck-users] retrieving shred id when calling chuck from command line

Szabolcs Horvát szhorvat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 13:14:12 EDT 2013

Thanks for the reply Kassen!

I looked at miniAudicle just a little bit, and it seems that it takes a
smarter approach than just parsing the output for chuck (but I'm not
entirely sure, I didn't dig deep).

While the chuck output is somewhat machine readable, trying to parse that
still seems unreliable.  Because of its concurrent nature chuck could print
just about anything at just about any time which makes the parsing solution
very messy.

So if anyone can give me pointers on how to retrieve the shred ID better,
without having to parse the textual output, I'd appreciate it very much!

Greetings,
Szabolcs