[chuck-users] my first chuck program

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 14:19:07 EDT 2013

Rustom:

Welcome to a lifetime of happy ChucK, but be warned: it can be addictive.

Regarding your code:

If you're willing to accept a somewhat pre-packaged answer, take a
look at the Blit, BlitSaw and BlitSquare unit generators -- with a
single unit generator, you can generate any number of harmonics.

Also, if you want to hear the effect of adding harmonics, you probably
want to wait after adding each one rather than adding them all at
once.

Uh, my ChucK chops are rusty -- someone else will have to debug my
code, but try this:

6 => int N;
Blit blit => dac;  // or BlitSaw or BlitSquare
440.0 => blit.freq;
0.5 => blit.gain;
for (1 => int harmonics; i <= N; i++) {
  harmonics => blit.harmonics;