[chuck-users] chuck problem

monon at att.net monon at att.net
Tue Nov 5 16:43:42 EST 2013

I am a new chuck user and have just installed linux-alsa from source.  All works well as
long as there is no other audio source active. If there is another
active audio source active I get this message when, for example, I type
in chuck --loop:

[chuck]: RtApiAlsa::getDeviceInfo: snd_pcm_open error for device (hw:0,0), Device or resource busy.

This
 seems to be a chuck issue as I can run multiple audio sources as long
as one of them is not chuck. My concern is that I started a coursera
course on chuck and would like to use chuck concurrently with the
course.

My operating system is Kubuntu Linux 12.04.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
Monon