[chuck-users] [MiniAudicle] Minor bug with editor

Pierre Faure p.r.faure at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 12:18:02 EST 2013

Hi,

I recently acquired a late 2013 Mac Book Pro running Mavericks.
While working on MiniAudicle on this computer, I noticed a few problems, all bypassable, but annoying nonetheless.

First of, while using non ascii characters, like ‘é’ in strings. I made a program that looks up samples, and their name is hardcoded in the script, e.g. « réso1.wav ».
When I save the file for later use, and load it up again, the ‘é’ are gone, the editor displays « reso1.wav ». My files are therefore not accessed.

I don’t think that is normal, as on my Windows PC, non ascii characters are accepted.

Secondly, when I paste from the terminal (like a folder path), the editor uses whatever colors my terminal background is set in. I use black, so when I paste, the background of the pasted line becomes black.

Lastly, here’s an error message I get from the console window.
2013-11-11 18:14:31.318 miniAudicle[662:707] *** WARNING: -[NSImage dissolveToPoint:fraction:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.
2013-11-11 18:14:31.318 miniAudicle[662:707] *** WARNING: -[NSImage dissolveToPoint:fromRect:fraction:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.

Again, those are minor problems.

Best regards,

Pierre FAURE