[chuck-users] WvOut2 bit depths

Spencer Salazar spencer at ccrma.stanford.edu
Sun Oct 6 17:19:15 EDT 2013

Hey Dan,

Yup, STK WvOut, which WvOut2 is based on, seems to support 24+ bit audio,
but ChucK hardcodes it to use 16-bit for WAV/AIF. Also the latest release
of ChucK broke MAT-file output from WvOut(2).

It *should* be trivial to convert a MAT file to WAV in Matlab/Octave, but I
can't get MAT files from ChucK (using an older version with functional MAT
output) to open in Octave.

We can definitely add adjustable bit-depth to WvOut + fix MAT-file output
for the next release. But until then I don't have a great answer for this.

spencer