[chuck-users] miniAudicle issue

Morgan morganiser at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 01:18:53 EDT 2013

Hi there, I am trying to get miniAudicle/chuck running on my
reasonably fresh install of Linux mint KDE. I have a MB with onboard
Audio which is what I have plugged up to my speakers and is set as the
default audio device in my system settings..
My audio works smoothly for other things such as mp3, flac and orb
playback, MIDI (suck as linux MM Studio). I do not have jack
installed.

I went through the process of installing all of the dependancies,
compiling and making the installs, though i dont know if there was an
order i was meant to do it in.

I have been trying to trouble shoot... I have run from the terminal

~ > lspci | grep audio
0a:0c.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 04)

~ > chuck --version

chuck version: 1.3.2.0 (chimera)
   linux (alsa) : 32-bit
   http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/
   http://chuck.stanford.edu/

On initializing miniAudicle the console reads -

[chuck]:(2:SYSTEM): setting log level to: 10 (ALL!!)...

[chuck]: RtApiAlsa::getDeviceInfo: snd_pcm_open error for device
(hw:2,2), No such device.

then when i click start virtual machine the program hangs up (whether
or not I have a shred in the Audicle window.) Sometimes it will give
me an error message about an infinite loop, even without any shreds?

I am pretty stumped right now... i have been googling but cant find
anyone have the  same issue.

Morgan