[chuck-users] ChucK code to connect MIDI controller to some UGen STK

Daniel Chapiro dchapiro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 13:05:36 EDT 2014

Hi - I'm new to ChuK and I have a few questions:

(1) I would like to experiment with coding different sound textures in ChucK, but then play with a WX-5, rather than ChucK code. To not re-invent the wheel, I'm looking first for ChucK code that would capture the messages sent by a MIDI wind controller (using ChucK's MIDI events), and drive a ChucK STK UGen (such as a clarinet, or other).

(2) I have not found this in http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/ChucK/Programs, and I was wondering if there are any other source repositories (unfortunately, Googling for anything + ChucK is no good, as Chuck is such a common word… )

(3) Finally, is there a way to search the full user archives (in https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/pipermail/chuck-users/) without opening every month's entry?

Thanks!
--Dan