[chuck-users] WvOut format

Tom Lieber tom at alltom.com
Tue Jun 10 16:43:17 EDT 2014

This probably isn’t helpful, but I’m using the same versions of ChucK and
miniAudicle on OS X and the blerg.wav file looks fine.

I’ve had trouble generating WAV files from miniAudicle in the past, but I
think that was when I didn’t call closeFile() explicitly and ChucK never
flushed.

I don’t think the argument to closeFile does anything, so I never provide
it. :)

> Hi,
>
> The output format of WvOut is coming out wrong.  Audacity doesn't
> recognize it as a wav (does not recognize type, suggests import raw), and
> windows media player rejects it as well.  Importing the file into
> Audacity as raw data works somewhat, but as I'm diagnosing a dc-offset, I
> need an exact result.
>
> here's some example code:
>
> SinOsc s => Gain g => dac;
> s.freq(400);
> g.gain(0.5);
> g => WvOut w => blackhole;
> "blerg.wav" => string file;
> w.wavFilename(file);
> 1::second => now;
> w.closeFile(file); // what is the function of the argument here? can WvOut
> record multiple buffers at once?
>

> I'm not so experienced with chuck but experienced in "normal" computer
> programming.  Running miniAudicle 1.3.1 with chuck 1.3.3.0 on windows 7 pro
> sp1 (32 bit).
>
> Thanks,
> George

Tom Lieber