[chuck-users] Problem: chuck --silent --srateXXXXX not timing correctly

Spencer Salazar spencer at ccrma.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 13 07:28:40 EDT 2014

Hi Ryan,

--silent mode is mostly designed for offline rendering, so it basically
runs as fast as possible. There isn't currently a way to have it run in
real-time without also having audio, though that sounds like a nice
feature.

Im surprised that you are finding it difficult to get real-time sound
working with chuck on RPi. With e.g. Satellite CCRMA [1], its mostly a
matter of installing the asound2-dev package and maybe libpulse-dev and
compiling chuck as usual.

spencer

[1] https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~eberdahl/satellite/