[chuck-users] Latency issues on Windows

Conor Barry conorowenbarry at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 18:17:19 EDT 2014

Hello!
I'm putting together a workshop for visually impaired musicians to make DIY music controllers using arduino + chuck.
Everything is working a charm but the only issue is latency on the Windows platform.
I understand that the default windows audio drivers may be the root cause but I am wondering whether there are any alternatives or advice as to how to improve.
I tried running the ASIO versions mentioned on this forum post: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-18931-25.html
However these were made with the older version of ChucK that does not feature the Serial functions introduced in the latest version which are necessary for the arduino communication.

Any advice will be much appreciated!
Conor B